Sly Cooper Thieves in Time Factsheet & Screenshots from E3
Tuesday, 05 June 2012 15:53
The critically-acclaimed Sly Cooper franchise makes its first original, full-featured debut on the PlayStation 3 system (PS3) with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE)
Developer: Sanzaru Games, Inc.
Platform: PlayStation 3 (PS3) and PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)
Players: Single Player
Developed by Sanzaru Games, the studio behind The Sly Collection, Sly Cooper and his mischievous cohorts, Bentley and Murray, return in a brand new epic, time-traveling adventure in this latest instalment of the popular action adventure series. Leveraging the processing power and technology of PS3, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time marks the franchise’s biggest and most ambitious game yet with completely re-designed characters, worlds two times the size of those on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, more vibrant and dense environments, and real-world physics allowing for a realistic gameplay experience.
Launching day and date with the PS3 version, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will also launch on PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), making the franchise’s first appearance on a portable platform. Featuring the same great Sly Cooper action you’d experience on the PS3, the PS Vita also introduces dual analog controls for expert platforming on a portable console, vibrant graphics on the 5” OLED screen and for the first in franchise history; Cross -Save takes the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time campaign on the go.
Staying true to the franchise’s signature gameplay style of blending stealth, thievery, exploration, and combat, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will take players on a thrilling journey around the world filled with epic boss battles, action-packed missions, engaging puzzle elements, new stealth moves and much more.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time continues to chronicle the adventures of the Sly Cooper gang from where Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves concluded. After completing their latest heist, Sly carries on with a case of alleged amnesia and dances off with gal pal Carmelita, leaving Bentley as the keeper of the treasured Thievius Raccoonus, The Cooper family’s ancient book of master thievery. When Bentley discovers that pages of the book have begun to disappear in front of his eyes, he must round up the gang and save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever.
• Time Travel Adventure – Embark on an all-new Sly Cooper adventure that will have players traveling through time and navigating through exciting action missions, interactive puzzle elements, and epic boss battles in Sly and the gang’s biggest escapade yet.
• Deep Gameplay Experience Powered by PS3 – The Sly Cooper franchise evolves onto PS3 with a deeper, more engaging gameplay experience, including re-designed characters, all new stealth and combat moves, larger, more interactive worlds for enhanced exploration and thievery, and much more.
• Signature Sly Cooper Humour – In classic Sly Cooper style, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Times introduces a new humorous, rich storyline, featuring iconic personalities.
• Playable Cast of Characters – Featuring the return of the original voice acting cast, Sly Cooper and his partners in crime, Murray and Bentley are back, as well as a variety of other playable characters that have their own unique play styles and signature moves.
• Collectable Costumes – New collectable costumes unlock special abilities, giving you more options for skillful offensive and defensive maneuvers.
• Stunning 3D Visuals – Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be playable in full, vibrant Stereoscopic 3D.
• Sly Cooper on PS Vita – PS Vita users will be introduced to a series of signature PS Vita controls to further immersive themselves in Sly Cooper’s world, including dual analog sticks for precision control of their character, front and rear touch controls and motion control gameplay.
• Cross-save – For the first time in the franchise’s 10 year history, fans can now take their campaign with them on the go with cross-save. With the ability to share save files between the PS3 and PS Vita, users can now save their progress to the cloud and take their Thieves in Time campaign with them on the road to continue anytime, anywhere.